Friday, February 15, 2013

Communicating with Tech Support ...

About a year ago [April 2012], I contacted CIO.Kingstowne (GFEBS Project) regarding a request from the PMO to run myScan software on my personal laptop PC.  I do not have an Accenture nor a Government-owned laptop as I am a sub-contractor.  I was unable to run myScan on my personal laptop PC and so notified CIO.Kingstowne.  After several attempts by them and later other tech support folks, I was forwarded to the MyScan support team where we repeated all the earlier suggestions before being referred to "the Vendor."  After talks, I presume, with "the Vendor," the myScan support team requested I try a number of scenarios but never could get myScan to run on my personal laptop PC.  Now, I have been referred back to essentially the beginning of the process.  And, since I am the client site, I can not visit the project offices in Kingstowne for the tech support folks there to work with my personal laptop PC.  Thank you.  As far as I am concerned, this can be closed ... until the PMO once again requests I run myScan software on my personal laptop PC.

Sent 13 February 2013
 
-30-

No comments: