Sunday, September 13, 2009

So where were you at durring the terrorist attacks on September 11th 2001?

Originally posted at Toluna.com ...

I was working in Linden, New Jersey. Word spread that something was happening at the World Trade Center. We could seen the smoke from the first tower that was hit. Later, when I went back there was just a huge column of dust and smoke so I thought the towers were still there. A short while after the towers had collapsed, we found out from various media that they were gone.

After another hour or two, I went to one of the offices of the Tri-County Chapter of the American Red Cross where, among other things, I watched the sole remaining broadcast television station, ABC, and collated information for the chapter's use. After nine hours of that, I couldn't watch anymore and checked out of the chapter office.

I recommend everyone ...
1. Build A Kit
2. Make a Plan
3. Get Trained
4. Volunteer ... I suggest the Red Cross.

No comments: